AFP offers the opportunity to receive a detailed resume critique or a professionally written resume to compete effectively in today's challenging market. AFP also offers services related to the development of documents pertinent to your individual search campaign including cover letters, follow up letters, LinkedIn profiles, and professional biographies.
List of Financial Resume Services
- Resume Critiquing Service
- Resume or LinkedIn Writing Service
- Additional Career Documents
- AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer
RESUME CRITIQUING SERVICE
An effective resume and cover letter will position you for your next career move by highlighting the most significant achievements and responsibilities of your financial career. AFP offers specific suggestions on how to improve your resume in approach, content and format to attract the attention of recruiters and employers.
Please allow up to five business days for completion of a standard resume or cover letter critique.
RESUME OR LINKEDIN WRITING SERVICE
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer partners with you to build an effective resume or LinkedIn profile tailored to a specific job search. A comprehensive career questionnaire allows AFP to tell your story, showcase your accomplishments and illustrate the impact you have had in your positions for the competitive edge that will win you interviews. This questionnaire will give us a comprehensive look at your current and previous professional experience, responsibilities and accomplishments, education, certifications, affiliations and related information.
Resumes and LinkedIn profiles are created in Microsoft Word for PCs. Customers will receive resume draft(s) via e-mail to review and ensure content accuracy. Upon completion of the final draft, AFP will provide customers with an electronic (ASCII text) version.
Please allow up to seven to ten business days from completion of questionnaire for receipt of resume or profile draft.
ADDITIONAL CAREER DOCUMENTS
Overall presentation is essential for financial professionals and executives seeking new employment opportunities. Enhance your marketability with the right tools for your job search campaign. AFP offers professionally written cover letters, thank you letters, networking resumes and professional bios, complementing your resume and cover letter.
- Cover Letter: The cover letter is the first opportunity to make an impression on the employer. AFP's Resume Writer will develop a cover letter that will help you stand apart from the crowd.
- Thank You Letter: Follow up every job search activity (interviews, meetings, etc.) with a tailored letter. Intended to serve as a reminder and reiterate your key qualifications, this letter says more than just "thank you," and can make a difference in how potential employer's view your candidacy.
- Networking Resume (One Page): Networking is crucial in the business world, and having a networking version of your resume that is easy to read and gives a potential employer a snapshot of your skills and experience.
- Professional Bio (One Page): A professional bio helps to provide a synopsis of who you are and what you do. AFP creates a short summary of your relevant background for you to use in many different settings for your desired audience.
Financial Resume Services Pricing
|Resume and Letter Critiquing|
|Cover Letter Critique||$40||$75|
|Resume or LinkedIn Writing|
|0 - 3 years experience||$375||$475|
|4 - 9 years experience||$500||$700|
|10 + years experience||$600||$800|
|Additional Career Documents|
|1. Cover Letter||$75||$150|
|2. Thank You Letter||$75||$150|
|3. Networking Resume (One Page)||$175||$275|
|4. Professional Bio (One Page)||$350||$500|
- Discretionary revisions following approval of the final (third) draft are subject to additional charges.
- Members are responsible for priority or overnight shipping and handling costs.
- All fees are payable in U.S. dollars by credit card only and are due at time of resume submission. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable
Please fax your completed order form along with any attachments for critique to 301.907.2864. Alternatively, you may e-mail your completed order form along with any attachments for critique without payment information to CareerCenter@afponline.org and then call us with your credit card details at 301.907.2862 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Do not send credit card details through e-mail. AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your resume.
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer works with members to either critique a resume or build an effective document tailored to a specific job search.
Certified Professional Resume Writer & Career Coach
Louise Garver offers more than 20 years of experience as a professional resume writer, career counselor, and executive career coach. Active in several professional associations, she serves on the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches Certification Committee (PARWCC) for resume writers, is featured as an online career expert, authors career- and resume-related articles, and is featured in more than 30 resume and cover letter publications internationally.
Ms. Garver's educational credentials include a master's degree in psychology and a postgraduate certificate in career counseling, along with 8 different professional certifications in resume writing, career transition coaching, career management, personal branding, interview and salary coaching, and more. She is also a multiple award winner in the PARWCC Executive Resume Writing Competition.